Let the WNBA Games Begin!
By Preston Bradsher
The 2020 WNBA Season begins on Saturday, July 25 and we can’t wait!
If you missed our season preview, be sure to check that out here. We also just dropped a podcast about the 2020 season too!
Here is the schedule for the opening games of every team this season! The league is starting off strong with the Seattle Storm facing Sabrina Ionescu and the New York Liberty (including 6 other rookies!) at 12pm on Saturday. Check below for players to watch, players we will miss due to opt-out or medical exemption, as well as all of our fantasy game descriptions and opening day tips!
|July 25||12pm||Seattle Storm||New York Liberty||ESPN|
|3pm||Los Angeles Sparks||Phoenix Mercury||ABC|
|5pm||Indiana Fever||Washington Mystics||CBS SPORTS|
|July 26||12pm||Connecticut Sun||Minnesota Lynx||ESPN|
|3pm||Chicago Sky||Las Vegas Aces||ABC|
|5pm||Dallas Wings||Atlanta Dream||CBS SPORTS|
Some Players to Watch
Breanna Stewart (the 2018 Season MVP) is BACK and we can’t wait to see her on the court. Also returning from injury are Diana Taurasi, Skylar Diggins-Smith, and Angel McCoughtry among others.
Some Players We Will Miss
- Jonquel Jones (Connecticut Sun)
- Tina Charles (Washington Mystics)
- Liz Cambage (Las Vegas Aces)
- Kristi Toliver (Los Angeles Sparks)
- Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces)
- Jessica Breland (Phoenix Mercury)
- Asia Durr (New York Liberty)
Some Rookies to Follow
- Sabrina Ionescu (#1 Pick to NY Liberty)
- Satou Sabally (#2 Pick to Dallas Wings)
- Lauren Cox (#3 Pick to Indiana Fever)
- Chennedy Carter (#4 Pick to Atlanta Dream)
- Crystal Dangerfield (Rd 2, #4 Pick to Minnesota Lynx)
Teams to Watch
- Seattle Storm – playoff team in 2019, getting Breanna Stewart back
- Las Vegas Aces – A’ja Wilson, Angel McCoughtry, Alex Bentley, Kayla McBridge
- Los Angeles Sparks – Reshanda Gray, Candace Parker, Nneka Ogwumike
Our WNBA Fantasy Games
Regular season games will be played almost daily from late July to mid-September. We will have a full menu of games that will update every two game-days. We will have updates readily available if you want to take a look as you make your picks!
Squeaky Clean – a game predicting team’s performance in low fouls
- LOWEST from 2019: Washington Mystics, Seattle Storm, Minnesota Lynx
- MOST from 2019: New York Liberty, Dallas Wings, Los Angeles Sparks
Swishes, Dishes & Boards – predicting team’s performance in 3-point shooting, assists & rebounds
- Top 3-pt shots made in 2019: Washington Mystics (9.3/game), Connecticut Sun (7.5/game), Chicago Sky (7.3/game)
- Top Assists in 2019: Washington Mystics (21.9/game), Chicago Sky (21.6/game), Las Vegas Aces (20.9/game)
- Top Rebounds (Offensive & Defensive) in 2019: Las Vegas Aces (38.8/game), Connecticut Sun (36.8/game), Chicago Sky (36.4/game)
Slay the Trey – predicting best 3-point shooters – player-centric
- Top shooters in 2019: Allie Quigley (Chicago Sky – 80 made), Kelsey Mitchell (Indiana Fever – 79 made), Shekinna Stricklen (Atlanta Dream – 76 made)
Set Your Six – 2 guards, 2 forward, 1 center & 1 sixth woman (any position) – player-centric
- Guards to Watch: Courtney Williams (Atlanta), Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles), Arike Ogunbowale (Dallas), Diamond DeShields (Chicago), Courtney Vandersloot (Chicago), Natasha Cloud (Washington), Sue Bird (Seattle), Diana Taurasi (Phoenix)
- Forwards to Watch: Alyssa Thomas (Connecticut), DeWanna Bonner (Connecticut), Napheesa Collier (Minnesota), Breanna Stewart (Seattle), Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles), Natasha Howard (Seattle), A’ja Wilson (Las Vegas), Emma Meesseman (Washington), Angel McCoughtry (Las Vegas)
- Centers to Watch: Brittney Griner (Phoenix), Teaira McGowan (Indiana Fever), Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota)
Be sure to check out our WNBA Pick’Em as well as these games! We hope you enjoy and be sure to follow us on social media: Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!